Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 steps above into your life

Stop Dreaming Start Action . One of the ways you can ensure that you are building an online business that will be successful both today and tomorrow is to plan out your goals. Start with exactly where you want to see your business be when it's at its greatest. If you know where you're going it's much easier to take the action steps required to get there.

After you know where you're going, then you can start breaking that major goal down into what some people call milestones. Prioritize your milestones and work on each of those individually. Create for yourself monthly, weekly and daily goals that will help you reach each individual milestone. After you complete one milestone, put together a detailed plan of reaching the next milestone.

By doing this, you are able to focus the majority of your attention on the tasks tightly related to each milestone rather than always looking at the extremely wide vision of your overall dream. As you work way from milestone to milestone, you'll soon realize that you're also building a solid foundation and structure to that overall dream you have.

Well, to figure out how to Stop Dreaming Start Action I began to listed to the audio recordings from the gurus. You know, the ones that get you all jazzed up and excited about life… but you end up back to your normal ways in less than a week.

Finally I got fed up and started to think about why I found it so difficult to take action and how to solve that problem. I mean, if anyone should take action it should have been me. Not saying this to brag, but merely to illustrate a point… but I was the full ride scholarship to college, 4 year college baseball athlete, graduated at the top of my class in college with a 4.0 gpa in college guy… (even won the entrepreneurship award at my college!)… who was supposed to make succeeding look easy. I DIDN’T… AND COULDN’T FIGURE IT OUT.

What I found out about Stop Dreaming Start Action later on really has very little to do with writing down all of your worldly goals, dreams, and hopes… and thinking about them. For me, action was brought about by setting up a system that allowed me to take action more easily… and more importantly… a system that I could rely on each and every day.

Okay, here’s what worked for me to finally Stop Dreaming Start Action toward that little list of “goals” I had.

  1. First, get the word goals out of your mind.
  2. Replace the word “goal” with the word “target
  3. Bring extreme clarity to your targets… and break them down into smaller pieces
  4. Utilize a system for outlining, tracking, and processing your actions and goals.
  5. “Audit” your life each and every week re-evaluate where you are.

After you ingrain the 5 steps above into your life, you will find yourself taking action every single day and reaching your targets much faster than before. I can tell you from experience how cool it is to actually see yourself making clear progress toward your goal… and eventually reaching some of them. It’s sure exciting.

Anyhow, I’ve gone on way longer than I thought I would… but that is the basic 5 step system I used to finally get out of my rut of in-action… and still use to this day to always progress toward my targets. Stop Dreaming Start Action

0 comments: